Wreck my boat,,pics inside

redducati

Cadet
Unloaded boat and got pushed by wind into rocks. Contacted insurance and adjuster will be out this week. Do you think this is a total loss? 2004 Tahoe with 5.0 met aph1. Nada is 12k
b92f7331.jpg

2dfd90bd.jpg

7a6f2358.jpg

b08654e9.jpg

9075c21e.jpg

redducati

Cadet
Re: Wreck my boat,,pics inside

The lower gear unit is leaking oil and motor will not start now and the haul is full of water as well.there more hole on the underside wear the fiberglass got ripped off

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer

Wow, were you on it when it was on the rocks? Whats the whole story? Good luck with the insurance.

LK

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Whats a "Haul"?

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, hope things work out for the best!

redducati

Cadet

yea, our two year old son was on the boat. The wind drifted the boat into the rocks the rangers had to push the boat of and pull with a rope to dock. it worse experience ever, I be scared to get on the water when it's windy

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

That looks pretty bad, and is one of the reasons they issue wind advisories and small craft warnings for lakes and waterways.

I hope everything turns out ok for you.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Yowsa, must have hit very hard! How high were the winds??

tpenfield

Staff member

Probably $3-5K repair cost (my guess) . . . would that 'total' it?

redducati

Cadet

winds where 40mph + and this was my fourth time on the boat,The boat did not start so it pushed me to rocks>>>>This was all new to me :---((

redducati

Cadet

JOLENE TAHOE 014.jpg
Probably $3-5K repair cost (my guess) . . . would that 'total' it?

Got 2 Invoice and one was at $12,500 and 2nd one was at $11,400.The Lower Units and prop was around $3k installed.Body labor was $4,500 and gal coat&paint was $3k. and then it gots water inside the boat..

rickryder

Commander

OUCH! Sorry to hear the boat got trashed....good to hear all were safe!

Ted is thinking DYI numbers :D

Just as a side note a boating safety course is a good thing......and never float off the trailer or not be tied off somehow without starting the engine....

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer

What were your plans if it would have started? How big were the waves with the wind blowing like that?

LK

tpenfield

Staff member

OUCH! Sorry to hear the boat got trashed....good to hear all were safe!

Ted is thinking DYI numbers :D

Just as a side note a boating safety course is a good thing......and never float off the trailer or not be tied off somehow without starting the engine....

Wow, it doesn't look like $12k of damage, but it seems like they are replacing the lower unit, etc. So, it looks like that thing is totalled . . . Is it worth $12k to get it fixed? Right at NADA value . . . .

tpenfield

Staff member

winds where 40mph + and this was my fourth time on the boat,The boat did not start so it pushed me to rocks>>>>This was all new to me :---((

You know . . . Where I boat, when the wind gets that high we take the sailboats out instead of the power boats. :eek:

redducati

Cadet

Wow, it doesn't look like $12k of damage, but it seems like they are replacing the lower unit, etc. So, it looks like that thing is totalled . . . Is it worth $12k to get it fixed? Right at NADA value . . . .

They told me they would only fix it up to 70% of "true market value" .. True market value is 10% lower then NADA. then on top off that I got a $1,000 deductible.:facepalm: At this point I Dnt want it fix,I'M already tired of the insurance bull**** and its only been 24hrs That we did claim

NathanL

Cadet

That is why I insured all my boats to an agreed upon value. I can value it at above market and if is totalled I can go out and buy a new one or replace it etc... I never want to trust someone else to decide what something I own is worth.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Looks like there only going to rebuild the drive....

Their Glassing hours are WAY too low..

Prices on stripe kits seem low..

Just seems Too low of a price to me with the drive, hardware, decals, materials being in the factoring of the cost.

Also there are Too many after market parts listed IMO .. If I paid for insurance I would want Factory Everything that you could get your hands on.

Just me though.

Sorry to hear about your young one having to be involved.. that sux.

Just wondering .. were you at the Butte or Conchas or ? Where did this happen at. I have been in the Butte in high winds and it is NO FUN.
You know . . . Where I boat, when the wind gets that high we take the sailboats out instead of the power boats. :eek:
.. Not on the Butte ..

YD.