Replacement pieces

AlexOXF

Recruit
hi good afternoon everyone,

Hi im from spain and i ve got a boat, which is a four winns 200 horizon from the year 1992.
The boat is equiped with an omc cobra 5.8L V8 and the problem is that i have one thing broken and i want to replace it, im having lots of problems to find it due to the fact that here in spain is difficult to find pieces from this old engine.

The piece that is broken is called in spanish (correa de cigue?al) this piece is located at the front part of the engine comes directly from the power of the engine and spins with its power this piece has a plate shape with three Screws and two rails on it, one of the rails is used to make the direction bomb work and the other one is used to make the (alternator= piece that charges the battery when it moves ) move, and charge the battery.

as its a very old engine what im tryng to do is look for pieces from other engines equivalent to this one.

I will gratefull if you help to find any type of solution!

Alex

Nivekt

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Replacement pieces

Correa de cigue?al translates to crankshaft belt from what I can find. Go to shop.evinrude.com Then click on parts then click the drop down menu to get to stern drive. Then select your year and engine type and go from there.

Kainon

Chief Petty Officer

based ont he rest of the description I'm sticking with crankshaft pulley

Nivekt

Chief Petty Officer

based ont he rest of the description I'm sticking with crankshaft pulley

Yeah, I think you're right. Either way, shop.evinrude.com will give him the pictures needed to correctly identify the part he needs to find the part number and order it. (hopefully :)

AlexOXF

Recruit

First of all, thank you very very much for your help

now ive found the piece name and its reference but when i try to buy it in the web page you told me i cant, can you tell me why???

do you know any equivalent piece for my engine, or another place to look for it???

when i click on the web page and i look for my engine appear differente references of my engine in the seam year, which is the difference?

Thanks

Kainon

Chief Petty Officer

you can only find it used it is No Longer Available you need to do a Google search for Marine Salvage Parts you will find many places and will need to email or call them

AlexOXF

Recruit

Hi again,

As I told you I'm steel looking for the piece, I'm from spain and I am trying to look for a distribuator of omc in spain but I'm finding it very difficult. Do you know which engine pieces are equivalent to my engine?? Do you know any web page or contact to find this piece in the second hand market??

Thanks for your help

Reinell-BRXL-191

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is this the part you are looking for?

If so, you can find one here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C90E-6312-E..._Accessories_Gear&hash=item5d326d2d0d&vxp=mtr

crankshaftpulley.jpg