Newbie Trying to figure out which outdrive I have

Rickbroderick

Recruit
I have a 76 Mercruiser 120/140 runabout. So first off when buying the boat we put it in the water and it runs fine for 20 mins, get out on the water and it runs good. I get it planned out and it dies out. I can start it and idle for a while but then it dies and won't start for a little while. When i run it at home on ear muffies it runs like a champ. I replaced both fuel filters, fuel pump and still. no luck. any help would be appriciated. I also would like to figure out what outdrive i have. It says Mercruiser stern drive serial # 3328369 Thanks for the help

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Newbie Trying to figure out which outdrive I have

I have a 76 Mercruiser 120/140 runabout. So first off when buying the boat we put it in the water and it runs fine for 20 mins, get out on the water and it runs good. I get it planned out and it dies out. I can start it and idle for a while but then it dies and won't start for a little while. When i run it at home on ear muffies it runs like a champ. I replaced both fuel filters, fuel pump and still. no luck. any help would be appriciated. I also would like to figure out what outdrive i have. It says Mercruiser stern drive serial # 3328369 Thanks for the help

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Yer drive is probably the MC-1 drive....

When it Quits,...

Check right then 'n there whether it's loosin' it's Spark, or it's run outa Gas...