Tracker 1436 capacity

SantaClo

Recruit
Hello everyone!

Last weekend I bought a new Tracker 1436 to use on a small electric-motor-only lake near my house.

I'm a little worried with the maximum capacity of 580lbs, and I would like to know your experiences with the tracker 1436 or a similar jon boat. First is the written capacity of 580lbs the total capacity (motor, battery, people)? Also, do you think I'd have problems if I go fishing with 2 buddies and an electric motor (200 lbs x 3 + electric motor + battery) ?

Thanks a lot! :)

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Tracker 1436 capacity

Yes, and yes.

Yes, that capacity is total for all gear and people. And 3 big guys is going to WAY overload that boat. Sorry, but that's the way it is with a narrow John Boat.

SantaClo

Recruit
Re: Tracker 1436 capacity

Thanks for your response. I had no choice to go qith a lightweight and narrow jon boat for usability reasons. On the lake I go fishing I have to walk about 3 minutes in a small trail, that's the reason for a narrower boat.

I used to fish there with a single keel canoe so I'm already used to low stability. A 3 keels 36'' jon boat will certainly have a better stability than my canoe.

As for the capacity, I'd like to have response for people who own who know someone who own a Tracker 1436 to have their experiences with this specific jon boat model.

Thanks!