1993 Evinrude 175 still no spark

Heaven rude

Recruit
I'm having trouble with an intermittent spark. I'm happy to report that by replacing the electronic eye, stator and rectifier fixed my tach and over charging issue.
However some days I have spark and some days I don't.
Today I was working through some of the trouble shooting steps and was excited to see that I only had 9 volts at the yellow/red leads of the 5 wire plug going to the power pack. (checked with the plug unplugged and cranking the engine, checked the yellow/red wire) It should have read at least 11 volts. As prescribed I hooked up a direct 12 volt wire to the starter solenoid yellow/red wire and I was pleased that I had spark and she fired right up.
I removed the direct 12 volt lead and and she started up again. I shut it off and checked the voltage of the yellow/red wire again and was surprised to see it was only 9volts but now would run.
Question: is this starter solenoid related or power pack. ( why don't I have 12 volt to yellow/red wire?)
Question: why does it start when reading only 9volt? Is it possible that once the power pack sees 12 volts it's satisfied for a period of time therefore will produce spark at only 9 volts?
Just wondering if I should invest in a starter~solenoid or power pack.