Sea Ray 1989 220 Trim switch wiring...HELP

Moosie35

Recruit
I have a 1989 Sea Ray and we have everything else working, I have been to the Sea Ray site and printed the owners manual but in 1989 they did not include wiring diagrams. I need the diagram or schematics if it exists. I know the ground goes over but I do not know which wire or color it goes to. I can not get the trim motor to even come on but all of the other switches work.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Sea Ray 1989 220 Trim switch wiring...HELP

I have a 1989 Sea Ray and we have everything else working, I have been to the Sea Ray site and printed the owners manual but in 1989 they did not include wiring diagrams. I need the diagram or schematics if it exists. I know the ground goes over but I do not know which wire or color it goes to. I can not get the trim motor to even come on but all of the other switches work.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Searay didn't build the trim pump,...

Who's drive, 'n What motor's in this Searay,..??

Moosie35

Recruit

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Searay didn't build the trim pump,...

Who's drive, 'n What motor's in this Searay,..??

Thank you for the welcome, obviously new at this....the motor is a 350 mercury....... The Trim did work but isn't now. Everything else works the blower, the lights, the pump but now I can't get the trim to go up or down.

Bondo

Staff member

Thank you for the welcome, obviously new at this....the motor is a 350 mercury....... The Trim did work but isn't now. Everything else works the blower, the lights, the pump but now I can't get the trim to go up or down.

Ayuh,... Ya mean Mercruiser,..?? 'n which Drive,..?? Alpha, or Bravo,..??

Moosie35

Recruit

This is great but mine is different On my throttle I have one switch for the trim that goes up and down near the top and midway down the trailer switch .....

Bondo

Staff member

This is great but mine is different On my throttle I have one switch for the trim that goes up and down near the top and midway down the trailer switch .....

Ayuh,... It's All the Same, yer's just uses 2 switches, insteada a 3 position switch...

Moosie35

Recruit

Ayuh,... It's All the Same, yer's just uses 2 switches, insteada a 3 position switch...

Well in the wiring diagram it shows blue for up green for down if I have one that does up and down do I use both?

Bondo

Staff member

Well in the wiring diagram it shows blue for up green for down if I have one that does up and down do I use both?

Ayuh,... Sky blue is always Up, 'n green grass is always Down...

The switches send to power to the direction ya wanta go...

Yer lower, Trailer Tilt switch, by-passes the trim limit switch, to go Full up...
The switch at the thumb, goes Through the limit circuit....

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

if I have one that does up and down do I use both?
That's impossible, you can't make a single solenoid go up and down.