Any current Boston Whaler Rage owners out there?

Rage Jet

Cadet
I recently bought a 1994 Boston Whaler Rage Jet Boat, 15', with a Evinrude Turbojet 115. I am trying to learn everything I can about the motor. A lot of post's I have come across for this boat seem to be dated. Any current owners out there to share your experience with finding parts for the hull and engine? I want to get this thing in mint condition. Use it for 1-2 years, then give it to my two boys when I buy a nice new flats boat.

Kainon

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Any current Boston Whaler Rage owners out there?

you might want to check in the outboard section, this is the I/O and Inboard section.

SKEETR

Chief Petty Officer

Well to learn everything the best place to start is with a factory manual on the engine/drivetrain. Don't waste your time with the aftermarket repair books. A service/owners manual would be your best bet on the hull info. Try ebay for both to start.

Rage Jet

Cadet

Ok, sounds great. Got a parts catalog, which is very helpful. The repair books are expensive, but surely worth it. That will be my next purchase.

Rage Jet

Cadet

Is there a way I can move this thread to the outboard section? Anyone know how? Thanks. Also how in the heck do I post pictures of my boat other than in a thread?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Incase you didn't realize it, you are now in the outboard section, LOL

toddschubert

Chief Petty Officer

Ya got your INees and your OUTees....your now an OUTee.
Do not buy a Seloc manual. Try and find original for that motor. I made that mistake. Not a real big help
Try Marineengine.com or search ebay.

Rage Jet

Cadet

Incase you didn't realize it, you are now in the outboard section, LOL

Had no clue, lol. I posted that based on someone in this post telling me to check the outboard section. LOL! Thanks! DUH!

Rage Jet

Cadet

Thanks for the advice. I am looking now, and trying to convince my wife to let me spend the $50 on the service manual I found on eBay. I'm checking marineengine.com next

rsalley

Recruit

Gentlemen, the Boston Whaler Rage is has an I/O as the engine resides under the center console and is propelled by jet propulsion at the rear end.

toddschubert

Chief Petty Officer

Gentlemen, the Boston Whaler Rage is has an I/O as the engine resides under the center console and is propelled by jet propulsion at the rear end.

Sounds like he has an outboard model since he specified the 115 rude.
Any way you will find lots of help on specific questions here on I boats

Surgeevg22

Cadet

Well I have a four winns fling. It has the same OMC turbojet 115 engine. There a lot of unique things on there that I have learned over the past few years. If I can ever help you with any questions I'll be happy to if I know the answer to it.