17' sportcraft seadrive take off problem

mausili

Seaman
i have a 87' 172 sportcraft fisherman deep v with 1.6l seadrive with a ss 17p prop have also tried the 15p alum that came on it. my problem is when trimmed all the way in on take off the motor doesnt turn up almost like a stall, but if trim motor up a foot or so and then trim back down boat planes before motor gets all the way down and all is good. motor turns 5300 wot at about 38mph with wife and 2 small kids. Is my problem prop or motor height. the ventilation plat is at bottom of boat when trimmed to perpendicular with ground.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: 17' sportcraft seadrive take off problem

i have a 87' 172 sportcraft fisherman deep v with 1.6l seadrive with a ss 17p prop have also tried the 15p alum that came on it. my problem is when trimmed all the way in on take off the motor doesnt turn up almost like a stall, but if trim motor up a foot or so and then trim back down boat planes before motor gets all the way down and all is good. motor turns 5300 wot at about 38mph with wife and 2 small kids. Is my problem prop or motor height. the ventilation plat is at bottom of boat when trimmed to perpendicular with ground.

This is a duplicate thread. We are working the problem on the Boating forum.

Mark

mausili

Seaman

Yeah I didn't know where to post so thought I would spread it out. By the thanks for your help mark

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Yeah I didn't know where to post so thought I would spread it out. By the thanks for your help mark

I figured that and I would have done it too. Now we have directions for others that want to help to go to the boating site where the problem is being worked.

Mark