is there a Is there a browser that will stop all of the ads?

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
I understand these forums aren't free, or cheap to operate. But lately the incredible amount of slide in from the side, or the bottom ads makes broiwsing here a real challenge.

Ideas?:(

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: is there a Is there a browser that will stop all of the ads?

I use FireFox and Ad Block Plus.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

What am I missing? I,m using Win7 with FireFox. I don't get no stinkin popups? Actually on my home PC I do get the big Chevy ad at the bottom of the screen but it is no biggie.

This post just pointed out to me that I am not even getting that on my new Win7 laptop.

Jlawsen

Master Chief Petty Officer

What am I missing? I,m using Win7 with FireFox. I don't get no stinkin popups? Actually on my home PC I do get the big Chevy ad at the bottom of the screen but it is no biggie.

This post just pointed out to me that I am not even getting that on my new Win7 laptop.

The pop-up blocker is turned on by default in IE 9 and it works. Sometimes it works too good and you can't use a lot of normal functionality in the sites that use pop-up's to overcome iFrame blocks. A lot of times the blocker gets turned off when the user visits a site that they want pop-ups from. IE9 security can be configured on a site by site basis but not many people can figure out how to do it. SomedayMicrosoft will figure out that not everyone has an in home IT Systems engineer. Apple got it.

dolluper

Captain

Linux......ex.........Anroid......Live cd......Virtal.....your choice ....plus VPN...ads are location source up to you

QC

Supreme Mariner

This is not a rhetorical question, nor is it sarcastic.

I have Firefox. I don't use any add or popup blockers on purpose. I want to see what our members see. I do squeeze out the side bar by leaving my Favorites open on the other side and sizing it perfectly to block that. But the top banner and the pop-ups I leave alone. Now it probably goes without saying that I browse this site a lot so to my question . . .

What is so bad? Am I missing a painful experience with other browsers?

I hit the x and it goes away. I don't even see the top banner as my eye is just used to it.