$20.00 for a 3 min water engine flush???

FLANDY

Cadet
I still can't believe what a local marina here in Tarpon Springs, Florida wanted to charge me for allowing me to flush my Merc 4.3 I/O for after salt water use...$20.00!!! :eek:

Yes, since I wasn't a "regular customer" and they were "not set-up" for it, HA-HA-HA, the guy at this big marina wanted to charge me $20.00 for a simple, 3-minute, DIY, fresh water engine flush...and I was even providing my own hose and muffs!!

WOW, I'm still choked,,,,still can't believe it...

Was this a case of bad faith...or highway robbery???

What you all think???

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: $20.00 for a 3 min water engine flush???

I wonder how often each day he gets the same request from other people? Who pays his bills, and insurance if something happens?

Why don't you just take it home and flush it.

foodfisher

Captain

See what the charges are for non regulars vs regular paying customers at any recreational vehicle dump site. You must pay for that convenience or do without that convenience.

Last edited:

FLANDY

Cadet

Funny thing Don is, I pulled in and first guy I asked told me "sure no problem", it will be $3.00.

I agreed and after lining up next to one of their 10-12 available hoses, (enough of "not being set-up"), some other guy came out and in his grouchy, bad attitute tone, gave me ten excuses before quoting me $20.00. Of course, he did not want to earn my future business, much less good publicity in the way of positive word-of-mouth.

Don't get me wrong; I didn't mind paying. I just didn't felt the charge was justified. To me, another good example of customer no service. Greedy Corporate America, there is no other way to slice it.

And reason I didn't go home and flushed in my driveway is that my hose happens to be 200 miles away, I'm spending the week off on vacation.

I know, I know...at the end of the day, this marina did not have to provide me the service, nor I had to accept it.

Thanks for letting me vent; I'm feeling better already.