200 hp bogging down at full throttle

ksmith3846

Cadet
I have a 93 200hp v6 that runs good idles fine gets up and goes but starts to bog at 3/4 throttle and will not go any faster i could tell it was fuel starved because i would start the engine put in gear and go and it would go up to 4600 rpm until it started to become starved for fuel. then it would go down to around 3000 rpms and run their. i tried cleaning the carbs but they were pretty clean,i checked both the fuel water separator and inline filter and everything seems to be ok and i checked the filter on the engine and it was ok. what else should i look for. I know it is fuel because it runs perfect until you try to go full throttle. the fuel lines from the tank to engine, inline filter water sep are all brand new. any help would be appreciated thanks.

boaterjoejoe

Cadet
Re: 200 hp bogging down at full throttle

First check and make sure all your plugs are not fouled, are tight, and have spark.

Then

try it on a seperate, clean tank with new gas, good bulb, plugged right into the motor. If it still does the same thing then you know the problem is infront of your new gas connection, if fixed, then the problem is behind the connection.

If that doesnt work then, That motor has 3 passive fuel pumps, replace them.
The original internal nuts rust and send rust particals up to clog your carbs.

Then have someone skilled remove and completely clean every pinhole of your carbs onto a white sheet, you should find your problem.

after that run it for a few min, then change your spark plugs, they probably fouled out while it was running rough.
Good luck.

oddysea1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 200 hp bogging down at full throttle

From personal experience I would check the primer bulb at high speed to see if it flattens out. I had similiar symptoms trying to out run a thunder storm, as engine bogged at 5000 rpms I inadvertantly glimpsed at my bulb which was flat as a pancake, as I deccelerated the bulb began to take its shape allowing gas to pass through which enabled my engine to run at 4000 rpms.