1962 evinrude starflite IV 75hp.

rmcustoms

Cadet
Hello all...newb to the forums. i've found alot of info already by searching the threads, but i'm still at a loss. as stated above..I have a 1962 evin 75 with selectric shift. ( i ran the model # to confirm) the motor looks great, and seems to have good compression. my problem is the wiring. the junction box to be more specific. the previous owners have had the box and wiring apart and never got it back together. I've tried searching for a wiring diagram but to no avail. does anyone have a picture of what the electronic inside the box are supposed to look like, and possibly a wiring diagram? any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1962 evinrude starflite IV 75hp.

Some of those older mtrs had a wiring diagram inside the junction box cover.

rmcustoms

Cadet

I dont have the cover, the the actual block itself.

rmcustoms

Cadet

Nothing yet??? I was hoping to try and tackle most of this, this week so that i can test run it this weekend. i checked all the stickys but there isnt a diagram there. i am suprised a google search brought no image results

rmcustoms

Cadet

Thanks whaler... i found that one already. its kinda close but still off quite a bit different.

rmcustoms

Cadet

Does anyone have a picture of the junction box? I might have found a wiring diagram but if its the correct one...then i am missing a fuse block and some diodes. i just dont know where they go

yorab

Ensign

Hi rmcustoms. I may have a pic or two on my laptop at home. I'll try to post those for you if I can find them. I'm not at the same place as my boat, so I can't take new pics for you. Yes, my junction box cover has a very nice diagram on the inside. I think I bought that junction box from Joe Reeves many years ago. Thanks Joe.

yorab

Ensign

One more. Hope it helps. If you need more info, just ask.

Attachments

• IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 3

rmcustoms

Cadet

Thanks yorab... as i suspected theres missing pieces to the puzzle.i havent been able to track down a specific wiring diagram only ones that are close. hopefully i can make more sense of this

yorab

Ensign

Hi rmcustoms. I should clarify some things. Now that I think about it, that junction box may have come from my parts motor, a 1961 75hp starflite with mechanical shift. That is the box that I use with my 1963 75hp with electric shift. The wiring pic inside the junction box cover should be accurate, except it would be missing the wires for electric shift. This shouldn't be a problem since the main connector would simply have 2 more wires running through it.

Also, the printed wiring schematic is for a 1964 75hp starflite. I've used the 1964 manual for my 1963 without problem. I assume it would be accurate for your motor as well, though there could be a thing or two different between the 1962 and 1964.