In over my head possibly with oil injection disconnect

jborg

Cadet
Sorry guys you probably get a million of these questions. I have been premixing my gas in my what I believe to be a 89 year Johnson 90 horse outboard and last trip out the low oil indication beep was going off. Knowing that i had been premixing my gas correctly I decided to try and disconnect the signal horn/beep. Well I dug into it today and found four wires connected separately at base of where my key is inserted. From what i could tell this was the source of the beep so I began removing the wires and turning the key on/off until i found the source of the beep. I then disconnected the other three thinking they where the other three indicators, oil, temp ect. So i get it put back together and it wont turn over. What are those wires and would anyone know which order they go back on? I really screwed up here. :facepalm:

thank you all

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: In over my head possibly with oil injection disconnect

You only need to disconnect the alarm at the plug that is on a short lead that is connected at the VRO pump and the engine wire harness. See the free diagram at the top of the forum to help you reconnect the wires at the key switch, so everything works okay.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

If the oil tank is still in the boat, are those wires disconnected ??

jborg

Cadet

If the oil tank is still in the boat, are those wires disconnected ??

yes it is and I believe so, I am also going to work on cleaning that up, I bought the boat this spring so am still working all the kinks out.

jborg

Cadet

You only need to disconnect the alarm at the plug that is on a short lead that is connected at the VRO pump and the engine wire harness. See the free diagram at the top of the forum to help you reconnect the wires at the key switch, so everything works okay.

Mech could you please elaborate on the location of the plug. You'll have to excuse my lack of mechanical terminology.

Thanks