2001 Bayliner 4.3L 190hp spring Start-up question

Rich2010

Cadet
Hi! I have a Bayliner 4.3L Mercruiser engine w/Carburator. Last winter I winterized my boat by fogging the engine. Of course I did all the other major steps with regards to winterizing. I am trying to start the engine for the first time this year. The engine sounds like she wants to turn over but cant get her to start. Question. Seeing as I fogged the engine until it stalled last year, do i need to place any qas down the carburator in order to give it some sort of kick start? If not, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. New engine was installed mid last year and she ran beautiful all summer.

PS all the fluids are clean and the engine has about 3/4 tank of gas from last year (added a can of stabilizer last year as well)

as always Thanks :)

Rich

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 2001 Bayliner 4.3L 190hp spring Start-up question

May take a few extra pumps of the throttle while cranking to get it going after a good fogging, when it does catch, keep the throttle up around 1500 rpm while the fogging oil burns of and the engine clears out.

Rich2010

Cadet
Re: 2001 Bayliner 4.3L 190hp spring Start-up question

Well Don I certainly appreciate your response. I hung with it and within several more minutes she turned over and sounded real good....after the fogging chemical was cleared out. Thanks again Don!

Rich