1958 Johnson Seahorse 10 hp QD-19 (Mikuni)

I have notice alot of fourm's talking about converting too a single line thank. I currently am running off of a duel line.
(fuel & air) I would like too switch too this one line using a more modern gas tank and have heard his is less chances of flooding the carb. I have purchased the Mikuni pump and am wondering what eles I may need in or too make this change. Any insite would be great.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1958 Johnson Seahorse 10 hp QD-19 (Mikuni)

Which pump did you get?

You will need new fuel line, a fuel barb, tap/die set, drill bit, a single line fitting on the motor end, and an appropriate sized bolt to plug the old pressure line. Take the bypass cover off to drill/tap it. You dont want shavings in the powerhead.

I have done many QDs, if you have any clarification on anything let me know. Here is the last one I did, using a BS pump though. Dont pay attention to the routing, they are wrong, I was rushing. :)

001-15.jpg

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Briggs/Stratton on ebay. Was just over 10 bucks. Best thing is the size, low profile to fit into the cowl.

kfa4303

Banned

sweet! I'll have to keep that in mind. The price is right too. Would it work for a motor up to say 18-20 hp?

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Yes not problem with that. I have not tried it on a Big Twin though, dont think it could handle the flow, but for the 20hp and down you're good to go. They are cheap enought that if it ever does fail down the road just replace the whole thing. The motor is the pic is a 7.5hp, so far it is the only pump that fits on the bypass cover and still allows the cowl to open/close properly. The Mikunis are a touch too big/bulky, on the QDs I put them under the carb. I find this looks nicer.