Boating in Wisconsin, favorite spots?

marcusknight

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I grew up boating. my grandparents had boats, and I bought my first boat when I was 15 years old. I have done lots of boating in Wisconsin, including on Lake Michigan near Manitowoc and Sheboygan, also in Door County on Green Bay. Most recently I have been to Lake Wisconsin and that is a lot of fun. Anyone have favorite boating spots in Wisconsin? Tell us why.

100_5474.jpg

bekosh

Lieutenant
Re: Boating in Wisconsin, favorite spots?

Greetings fellow Cheesehead!

I keep my boat on Lake Winnebago in Oshkosh. There is a lot of water to run and plenty of places to go, sandbars, restaurants & bars, music venues. Check out the My Google Map and BoatingWinnebago.com links in my signature to get an idea of all the places Winnebago has to offer.

I've also been on Lake Michigan, Port Washington to Milwaukee to Racine and up to Sturgeon Bay and Door County. In a few years they are going to be reopening the locks on the Fox River between Lake Winnebago and Green Bay and I can't wait to take that trip.

cobra1476

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I live in GB, but I love the surrounding lakes.

Shawano Lake, Lake Noquebay, and of course the bay of Green Bay.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I always liked Green Lake. Its where I learned to waterski and hunt ducks. Not at the same time ;).

etracer68

Ensign

Big Green is a cool lake, nice and deep, yet in the bay, you can get into 2 feet, with sandy bottom. Beware of the west end though, the deepest part, but theres an old road bed, that tears alot of props and stern drives up. Great lake though.

sublauxation

Lieutenant

I moved out of WI 20 years ago but I still miss Winnebago. Used to do a lot out of Jefferson Park in Menasha but got sick of trashing props. High Cliff up on the northeast corner is nice. It's a great beach with lots of scenery.

playpool

Cadet

I LOVE the Wisconsin River in the Dells. The scenery is awesome and there are PLENTY of sandbars to pull onto and chill for the day.

AMetzger

Cadet

Love Green Lake. Last time we were there (4 years ago) the lake smelled of sulfur. so strange. Other than that instance, the past 15 years there have been awesome!