still looking for my first, help me out guys and check this boat out

Bigdaddy021970

Recruit
Re: still looking for my first, help me out guys and check this boat out

A little work and that might be a nice little fishin boat. The motor may be old, but if it is still running, it'll probably last a while longer as long as it's cared for properly. I'd probably offer 1000 to start. Who knows? He might take it.

fambugee

Cadet

thanks bigdaddy. it does look like a decent boat. my concern is the motor. i am a mechanic so labor isn't an issue, but parts availability is, can these vintage motors still be serviced properly?

Bigdaddy021970

Recruit

thanks bigdaddy. it does look like a decent boat. my concern is the motor. i am a mechanic so labor isn't an issue, but parts availability is, can these vintage motors still be serviced properly?

I have a 1972 Evinrude fisherman 6 HP on my 14' flat bottom. I have had it serviced a few times but never had to get any major parts for it. The guys that worked on it for me told me it would probably last a long time as long as I take care of it. I have looked on the Internet for parts, (just for kicks) and have found many places that carry parts for my motor. Get online and do a search concerning that motor and see what comes up. I'll bet there's a place out there that would carry them. I hope it works out for you.

fambugee

Cadet

awesome, thanks. this is my first boat and i have yet to hear anything negative about mirrocraft through my research. i'll look online for parts for this motor, thanks for the help.

BonairII

Commander

I see it was listed on the 17th and it's still not sold (good to know when you negotiate price).

Make sure the seller fires up the motor.

Offer him $700 and negotiate from there.

Pony

Rear Admiral

Looks like it has been well cared for. At first I thought that the $1400 was way too high, but then I started looking around the other craigslist ads in your area. I found only a couple other tinnies with older outboards and they were priced about the same. You won't find much negative about that boat or motor.........

64osby

Admiral

The '57 18hp Johnson is an awesome motor. Parts are easy to find, simple to work on, and they run great. I just finished rebuilding a 57 18 Evinrude, runs like new.

The package looks well taken care of, see if you can talk him down a little. Here it wold be motor $300-400, trailer $200-300, boat $400 +, extras ???

fambugee

Cadet

thanks so much for the advice guys. i'm gonna go check it out tomorrow after work and i'm thinking i'll offer him a grand. considering the other prices in my area i'd be ok with paying up to 1200 but we'll see how it goes. i asked him on the phone if he is negotiable on price and he said definitely so i think that is certainly in my favor.