No start.

tcausey

Cadet
Hello, I've got a problem I can't solve. I get nothing when I turn the key to start my engine, no click nothing. I replaced the slave soleniod, switched ignition switch with the other engine,switch safety switch in the shifter. I can jump the slave solenoid and the starter will turn over.Checked the breaker on the engine, unplugged the harness and plugged it back in to make sure in didn't have any corrosion. Mercruiser 3.7. I just replaced the gimble bearing and lower shift cable, was fine before then but I don't see how the 2 can be related. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: No start.

Hello, I've got a problem I can't solve. I get nothing when I turn the key to start my engine, no click nothing. I replaced the slave soleniod, switched ignition switch with the other engine,switch safety switch in the shifter. I can jump the slave solenoid and the starter will turn over.Checked the breaker on the engine, unplugged the harness and plugged it back in to make sure in didn't have any corrosion. Mercruiser 3.7. I just replaced the gimble bearing and lower shift cable, was fine before then but I don't see how the 2 can be related. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ayuh,.... In all that Replacin' ya did,... Did ya do Any Testing,..??

Like where it Does, or Doesn't show yer gettin' Power,..??

tcausey

Cadet
Re: No start.

Thanks Don S for the thread, should help me find the problem. Thanks again