df40 spark plugs randomly closing gap and has lots of oil coming out of the breather

maxhighlife

Cadet
df40 spark plugs randomly closing gap and has lots of oil coming out of the breather I thinks its a 2007 and the plugs are NGK DCPR6E any ideals are greatly welcome thanks

CoffeeHound

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: df40 spark plugs randomly closing gap and has lots of oil coming out of the breat

df40 spark plugs randomly closing gap and has lots of oil coming out of the breather I thinks its a 2007 and the plugs are NGK DCPR6E any ideals are greatly welcome thanks

Did you unhook your over-rev circuit to make it Go faster? Seen this type of problem happening on over-rev and piston drove the end right out of the spark plug porcelien shell . It also can poke a hole in the piston ,,causing exhaust to excape to the crankcase and out the oil breather . Bad rod bearings will also cause piston to hit plugs at normal WOT running .
Wish you the besty of luck with this DF40. Keep us posted please !

maxhighlife

Cadet
Re: df40 spark plugs randomly closing gap and has lots of oil coming out of the breat

I have not unhooked anything and really dont turn it hard to often but I have only had the boat for about 2 months and put about 20 hours on it but it only closes the plugs when I do run it hard I have let it sit on the hose for 30 mins with no issue and ran up and down the river for 3 hours just sight seeing with no plug issue and just last weekend the oil started coming out of the hose that goes in to the breather and the top an bottom plug will almost take turns closing and I cant find any marks on the piston when looking throught the plug hole? thanks for the response

noelm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

regardless of what RPM your motor is doing, the piston should NEVER hit the plug, either you have the wrong plugs, the cyinder head has been machined a bit too much, or you have a rather serious problem with the motor.