sensor

j. moody

Cadet
Trying to find a temp sensor for Chrysler 140 the one that turns on the hot buzzer,I believe the part no. To be 87-817778a7 got this from force dealer

wickware

Lieutenant
Re: sensor

Do you see a wiring diagram on the motor showing the colors of wires and listing their functions?? If so, look at the head on the back of the motor and I feel you will see a sensor threaded into the head or close into the block. You should see the color of wire indicated on the chart connected to the sensor. Attached is my 35 HP Chrysler showing both the chart and sensor toward the bottom of the head.

Hopefully a 140 owner or a Pro will verify this info or correct it soon.

Good Luck! Please reply your find or more needed info back that will assist others and me.

Attachments

• 1970 Chrysler 35HP 2010 Check-up (7).JPG
    1970 Chrysler 35HP 2010 Check-up (7).JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 0

Jiggz

Captain

I believe you are referring to the thermoswitch which is part #98 on this illustration. Unfortunately it would not let me post the link to the other store and I can understand why. Anyways, go to B-O-A-T-S dot N-E-T and search for parts under Force and click on 1980 for a 140 HP under the power head.

wickware

Lieutenant

Oops! Please post a picture of the back of your motor?s head and we?ll probably see the sensor.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Instead of getting an overheat sensor have you considered getting a temperature gauge? The sender screws into the top of the head where the stainless slotted plug is and you use the same orange wire. The only difference is that you get a constant temperature readout on the gauge. AND it probably will not be much more expensive than the stock sender.

j. moody

Cadet

thank you I found the sensor but I can't find one to buy,picture is the same as mine again thank you

j. moody

Cadet

thank you that is a good idea would you know where to find that sensor,may do both