Hoping to hit the lake tomorrow

tanlines

Recruit
Hi everyone,

It's supposed to be warm and sunny here in Iowa tomorrow, so I'm trying to talk my boyfriend into taking me out on the lake. He bought a Medalist 1901 last fall that seemed to be running fine, but this will be our first trip to the lake this year.

But we're running into a little bit of an issue. He was checking the oil and that sort of thing today, but found one of the fluids was low. So he's digging through his garage (which isn't very organized) right now trying to find the manual that came with the boat. He told me he thought it might be power steering fluid, but he needed the manual to be sure.

In short, I don't think we'll be going unless we find out what type of fluid it should be. I personally don't think there's a very good chance that he can find his manual tonight ;) Could anyone here tell me what this fluid might be? The fluid he was concerned about was at the top, right corner of motor when the cover was lifted up. It looked like it had a dipstick about 6 inches long, maybe?

Anyone willing to help me get started on my tan?

Thanks,
Sami

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hoping to hit the lake tomorrow

Wow, I sure can't what the bfriend is working on from clear over here, sorry.

Could be rotor girder balance fluid. 40W is pretty common for that vintage motor.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Re: Hoping to hit the lake tomorrow

Welcome agapes! Would love to help you with your tanlines ma'am! :) I don't know about that motor though... hopefully others more knowledgeable folks will come along!