MCMX6.2 Bravo 3 Engine Stall

Crazydz

Recruit
Any clues as to why at full power 5100 RPM's my 6.2 stalled out and rpm's dropped to 3000 then pulling back finnaly stalled completely? The engine has electric diverter valves on the exhaust which were in the side ports. Restarted and crused around a bit everything seems fine. Oil good, Temp good, Hyd Fluid good. Any help?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: MCMX6.2 Bravo 3 Engine Stall

Any clues as to why at full power 5100 RPM's my 6.2 stalled out and rpm's dropped to 3000 then pulling back finnaly stalled completely? The engine has electric diverter valves on the exhaust which were in the side ports. Restarted and crused around a bit everything seems fine. Oil good, Temp good, Hyd Fluid good. Any help?

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... If this is an Efi motor, have the 'puter scanned for codes...

Crazydz

Recruit
Re: MCMX6.2 Bravo 3 Engine Stall

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... If this is an Efi motor, have the 'puter scanned for codes...

Thanks for the insight. I called the mechanic and recommended we look at the codes. After a few questions back and forth we seem to agree bad gas from the marina pumps are suspect. I'm going out again in a couple of weeks and will fill up the tanks from land gas and run it up again. If problems are present we both agreed with your recommendations to check the codes, and to verify that the High and Low Pressure Fuel pumps are working to spec pressures. Thanks for the input.