Reverse Brake Lockout Solenoid

greekfreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Have an EZ Loader Trailer that I need to change the solenoid on. Anyone here have any tips or done it? I think my main concern is if I have to bleed the brakes, may not have to if I keep the front of the trailer higher than the brakes...?? Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Reverse Brake Lockout Solenoid

Have an EZ Loader Trailer that I need to change the solenoid on. Anyone here have any tips or done it? I think my main concern is if I have to bleed the brakes, may not have to if I keep the front of the trailer higher than the brakes...?? Thanks.

Ayuh,... Try it, 'n let Us know how it works out...

gozierdt

Petty Officer 1st Class

I seriously doubt you will find any position that assures you won't have at least some air bubbles in the brake system. Any bubbles will cause a loss of braking efficiency. It's not that hard to bleed the brakes.

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Why not just do it right, then you don't have to find the time to do it again ... ;)

UncleWillie

Captain

The way I do it is to attack a foot of clear aquarium airline to the bleeder fitting on the brake farthest from the master cylinder.
The other end goes into a clear jar.
Open the fitting and pump the master cylinder with a screwdriver until the fluid coming out has no more bubbles.
Keep refilling the master cylinder whenever it gets half way empty or you will pump air and have to start over again. (Maybe every 10 pumps.)
Repeat for the closer side.

This is something you should learn to do yourself.
A quart of brake fluid is less than $10.
Do it yourself for less than $5. Or pay someone $100 to do it for you
This is definitely not rocket science.
If the fluid hasn't been changed for the life of the trailer, it is time to do it in any event.
Brake fluid doesn't last forever.
And DO NOT attempt to save the Fluid that ended up in the Jar!

greekfreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks. No different than on a car I guess. Have used "speed bleeders"which makes it easy for 1 person. I'll do this after I get the wheel/tire alignment PIA straightened out.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

before you replace the solonoid test the power going to it; more often than not it's a "dirty" connection.