Prop hub question

aarongreen123

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Have a chunk oit of my prop on my 90hp '84 inline 6 outboard. I would like to buy a prop to replace asap. Some of the replacement joints mentions needing a mercury flo tech ii hub. What hub do i have already if this is a stock setup? Any recs for a prop that would go straight on? This is one place i was looking. This is the number on my prop 48 77346a40 19p

Last edited by a moderator:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Prop hub question

Have a chunk oit of my prop on my 90hp '84 inline 6 outboard. I would like to buy a prop to replace asap. Some of the replacement joints mentions needing a mercury flo tech ii hub. What hub do i have already if this is a stock setup? Any recs for a prop that would go straight on? This is one place i was looking. This is the number on my prop 48 77346a40 19p

Ayuh,.... You'd have to pull yer prop to see which hub it's got,...

Or, just buy yerself a Complete prop, With it's own hub....for yer motor of course...

Btw,.... iboats sells props,... no need for Somebodyelse's link in there...

aarongreen123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Are you able to explain how i would id which hub it is once i have it off? Was there a certain hub that came stock?

Bondo

Staff member

Are you able to explain how i would id which hub it is once i have it off? Was there a certain hub that came stock?

Ayuh,... The Thrust Hub, 'n Inner hub are parts of the PROP.... not the motor/ drive...

aarongreen123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Whats ayuh mean? ;-) i am confused as every aftermarket prop i look at says it needs a hub as well whats upnwith that?

Bondo

Staff member

Whats ayuh mean? ;-) i am confused as every aftermarket prop i look at says it needs a hub as well whats upnwith that?

Ayuh,... Because a bare prop casting is Useless without a Hub in it...

years ago, the hubs were pressed in,... Now a days, they're just pushed in by hand...

Quite simply, Buy a prop, With a Hub Kit....

aarongreen123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Got the new prop. Put in on. Noticed that not only was there a monster chunk out of the old prop but the trim anode is broken off too, is there any way that a prop can flex so much that it hits the anode? Seems like a stretch but i dont see how else both could have happened another way without me knowing i hit something and without extensive damage to the lower unit. Thoughts?

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... ya hit a semi-floatin' stick, 'n didn't hear it....