93 70hp Force - Tilt and Trim stopped working - How to manually bypass so i can raise

boltz

Recruit
Hey there....looking for some help.

I bought a used boat in the spring, Tilt and Trim was working perfect for about the first 5-6 trips out on the lake. No longer working (either direction)-I hear 'click' from the relays when pressing up/down on the buttons on the throttle. Tried replacing the relays with no luck......I'd like to pull it out of the water to work on it, but it is stuck in the full down position and i'd like to manually raise before trying to pull it out ;).

Couple of questions....

1. Anybody know how to disable the TT on a 1993 force engine so I can manually raise engine?
2. Anybody have a wiring diagram they could share?
3. Any ideas on what else could be the issue and where I should start looking

Appreciate any and all help or feedback !

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 93 70hp Force - Tilt and Trim stopped working - How to manually bypass so i can r

If your T/T has the white "knob" on the side of the pump/manifold simply screw out that plastic piece a couple of turns. That will open the ports and bypass the pump.

boltz

Recruit
Re: 93 70hp Force - Tilt and Trim stopped working - How to manually bypass so i can r

Thanks Frank. I don't think I recall any noticeable knobs for adjustment. But will take a look when I get up to the lake tonight or tomorrow.

Appreciate the assistance.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Sorry, there is no manual release on that unit.

You will need to remove the lines from the pump. Don't bend or break them.

you could unplug the wires from the motor/pump, and apply tower directly to them, to see if the motor spins and/or if the pump pumps.

boltz

Recruit

Thanks Roscoe --- That sounds like a poor design and rather unfortunate for me...HA!

Question - When I pull the lines --- I'm guess all the oil will come spilling out. Do you know any tips or tricks to prevent or minimize - as the boat is in the water when I'm going to attempt this.

Regards
Mike

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Not really.
If you can get some helpers, to hold a sheet of plastic under it, or a shallow plastic tote, and be prepared.
It will be under pressure, so wrap a rag around it so it doesn't spray in your face, or wear safety goggles.
Once the pressure is gone, it just dribbles.
Raise the motor and block it up with a 2x4.
Be careful loading it on the trailer and pulling it out, so the motor doesn't drop.

Don't drop your tools in the lake.