Dumbest thing I have ever seen-With video

5150abf

Vice Admiral
One of the guys from work told me he saw he saw this Monday, then today I am in my office and my boss had this video up and it turns out that the guy driving the boat works with me too, that would be Gus in the story.

Cory lake is in lower Southwest Michingan.

Don't watch the raw footage watch the news story, they slow it down and zoom in.

this obviously could have gone very very wrong easily, glad everything worked out and a visual reminder to always wear your lanyard.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Michigan_man_risks_life_to_stop_runaway_boat_155857455.html

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Dumbest thing I have ever seen-With video

Should have stopped it the way the USCG stops outboard powered drug boats... High powered rifle shot to the engine cowling. Done and done. ;)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

"Stupid is as stupid does" indicates that a person is judged stupid by the stupid acts they commit.

Dam lucky........ They need to go to Church ;)

geneseo1911

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow. Just Wow. I certainly wouldn't have risked my boat, let alone my life, to attempt that stunt.

Not sure what the right answer is, though. Looks like a job for the CPO's to me.

QC

Supreme Mariner

IMHO ... and I like doing stupid stuff like this too, there was no risk to anyone by just monitoring that thing.

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer

That could have went really bad really fast - I see a limbless torso if it didn't go right.

LK