How do I rebuild an entire livewell

Castro156

Recruit
I have a 17ft sportcraft boat and I'm trying to fix the livewell I can't figure out how to run the hoses under the floor the only access point that I could see that I might be able to use is under the seat where the gas tank is. Is that an actual access point that I could use to run the hoses or is there some secret to doing it?

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
Re: How do I rebuild an entire livewell

When I helped my buddy with his livewell replacement, we had to remove the deck to run the lines. So we ended up installing new decking and redoing the floor in a Cabelas marine vinyl instead of carpet.
But I know thats not the answer you want.

Castro156

Recruit

Not really I was hoping to hear something a little easier then that but thank you

5150abf

Vice Admiral

With a glass boat the top and bottom of the boat are seperate peices that are bonded together so there reallyis no way to get under the floor without cutting a hole.

Can you get to the old line where it comes out the hull, if so you may be able to tie a small line to it, pull the old one out and use the line to feed the new one in but either way it is a major pain.

I rebuilt my boat from the keel up and hooking up the wells was one of the hardest parts because you have actually squeeze under the deck to get the fittings in.

Castro156

Recruit

There are no lines it just has a hole at the bottom I guess for drainage. I have to run all new lines and even drill to install the the pump to pump in water

5150abf

Vice Admiral

If this it is just a box on the boat you want to make a livewell you are going to need access to the inside of the transom as well as the box itself so you will have to find a way under the deck, there is no other way.

If you can't get to the space beneath the deck put the kabosh on this one right now.

Castro156

Recruit

I did all I'm gonna do is seal up the cracks with fiberglass and just use an aerator