New Boat Time? Seeking fellow iboater's opinions.

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: New Boat Time? Seeking fellow iboater's opinions.

What is the boat you currently have? I personally would want to keep my options open (I don't know what kind of boating you do mostly), but the boat trader boat would probably limit you to Lake Michigan, Poygan, Koshkonog, and maybe Buttes de Mortes. That might not be bad since 2 of them are in your area.

Maybe it would be worth it (depending on current boat) to keep both and be able to go out on smaller lakes too if you wanted. Then again I haven't been out on a 26fter that goes 50mph aside from Lake Michigan so I really am not sure how big a lake really should be......stinks because a lot of our big water is flowage. That boat looks sweet though!!!

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Beautiful looking and clean for sure!

Appears it has 708 hours I bet of mostly high rpm go-fast boatin'.

Interesting all the verbiage and pictures yet they did NOT mention the hours (only saw that in the one picture) nor what/when servicing has been done lately.:rolleyes:

No doubt you'd want to insist on a good Merc mechanic doing a complete pre-purchase inspection.

Mark

dmeyer0123

Recruit

I recently purchased my first boat from Grand Sports Center in their Morris, IL location. Great guys to work with, you wont be disappointed with them.

Dan

Knot Waiting

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Pony: I currently have a 23' Celebrity cuddy and boat on Poygan, Butte Des Mortes, and the Wolf so that's pretty much right up my alley.

MarkSee: I too was impressed with the condition. Sharp looking too. The only thing that concerned me was the hours. 708 doesn't seem terrible but it's higher than mine.

dmeyer0123: Good to hear. Sometimes all you hear is horror stories, positive feedback is encouraging.

drrpm

That looks like a serious boat, too big for Winnebago but might be fun on Green Bay. The hours don't sound too bad (708 over 21 years). Thats less than 40 per year.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Nice looking boat! Just for the record, it's a 260 Overnighter not Weekender. Here's some more on that model:

http://www.searay.com/boat_graphics/electronic_brochure/company1729/1C1_27_74DERNP2P641.pdf

Oughta move really well- 4500 lb. dry weight and a big block. Nice. Was surprised to see it was available with twins, but only has an 8.5 beam. That combo must be a nightmare to service.

Good luck!

Knot Waiting

Nice looking boat! Just for the record, it's a 260 Overnighter not Weekender. Here's some more on that model:

http://www.searay.com/boat_graphics/electronic_brochure/company1729/1C1_27_74DERNP2P641.pdf

Oughta move really well- 4500 lb. dry weight and a big block. Nice. Was surprised to see it was available with twins, but only has an 8.5 beam. That combo must be a nightmare to service.

Good luck!

Thanks for the information sheet. Like you said I can't imagine this boat with twins squeezed in there. One of the reasons I liked it was because of the single I/O, fuel ya know, lol.

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander

No bimini? No camper enclosure? Hence the name overnighter vs. weekender.

Knot Waiting

No bimini? No camper enclosure? Hence the name overnighter vs. weekender.

It says in the description that it has a large bimini and slant back enclosure.