Loading Bass Tracker Straight

bbbeebop

Recruit
Just acquired a new Bass Tracker 16 SC. First time out all went well except getting the boat back straight on the bunk trailer. Each time I attempted to drive it on it wanted to move left and hit the inside of the fender. It would not self center on the trailer until I winched it on by hand and kept pressure pushing to the right. Any ideas?

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Re: Loading Bass Tracker Straight

Try pulling the trailer out of the water so that more of the bunks/rollers are above the water. Then when you get the boat up, clip on the winch strap. Winch it up and if it gets too hard to winch back the trailer up a bit more and finish the job. Take your time in the beginning and before you know it you'll be out of the water in no time.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I installed side bunk guides for my 16' aluminum boat. They really help if there is any breeze while loading.

Look at these that I did a homebrew job on.....DSCN4638.JPGDSCN4639.JPGDSCN4640.JPGDSCN4641.JPGDSCN4643.JPG

lncoop

Vice Admiral

As sutor says, your only problem is you're backing in too deep. Dunk the bunks to get them wet so the boat will slide on them more easily, then pull up until about half their length is exposed. You'll stick it every time. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Pony

Rear Admiral

As sutor says, your only problem is you're backing in too deep. Dunk the bunks to get them wet so the boat will slide on them more easily, then pull up until about half their length is exposed. You'll stick it every time. Good luck and welcome aboard.

+1; sounds like you just have to expirament with how far to back in. I don't drive my boat on, but for me the sweet spot is right when 1/4 of the bunks are in the water. I have a walking platform that runs the length of the trailer, so I can pretty much just pull it to the winch post by hand and just crank the last foot or so. My boat is much lighter though :)