Merc 5.0L drains

travism

Seaman
I know you guys are probably tired about winterization questions already, but here's another after an unsuccessful search. 5.0L Merc, carbed, raw water cooled, 220 HP, Alpha I drive in a 2002 year Bayliner Ciera 2455, bought last year. The previous owner showed me what he usually did as we winterized it together last year, and everything seemed fine this year. But I just want to verify what he told me to do as far as draining the engine.<br /><br />He showed me 5 blue plugs, 2 on each side and 1 on the front. Other than draining the air condition intake, fresh water supply, and lowering the outdrive, that was it. I've read on here about draining some items, power steering I think. I honestly don't even know if I have power steering, but I assume I do. <br /><br />I don't know what the PS cooler looks like so any help with that is appreciated. Also thanks to anyone who is familiar enough with my setup to know if I need to be draining anything else.<br /><br />Travis

Laddies

Banned
Re: Merc 5.0L drains

The p/steering cooler should be in the back of the engine on the water input hose and should be a self drainer on the unit. ( the cooler is on a angle and drains out the back of the boat at the w/pump on Alpha 1 gen 2s)