need help 6hp johnson lower unit

tsack

Recruit
I am needing instructions to rebuild the lower unit on a 1966 6hp Johnson seahorse cd-23e and I have never work on a lower unit before so need the basics.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: need help 6hp johnson lower unit

About the only place I can think of in the shop manual, a factory manual, not the after market ones.
Are you just resealing it or do you have damage and are replacing hard parts?
They are not really to hard to do, if you pay attention when you tear it down, you should be able to put it back togeather without any problems.

the machinist

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If you go back to the FAQ of this section & on the top of page 2, there is a link to my 9.9/15hp OMC repairs. Here I also have one section on the 66-79 6hp & do show some of the gearbox repairs. Or direct to http://www.leeroysramblings.com/OMC_6hp.htm Not real rocket science, just remember how you took it apart, or take photos.

Hope this helps

tsack

Recruit

OK thanks I didn't know how complicated it was so didn't want to take it apart and not be able to get it back together right. I'm putting new seals in it because the drive shaft seal is leaking. I was told that since I'm doing that to put a new impeller in it because i was told that was easy to get to when resealing it