Livewell - Lund 1600 Fury

NF Sportsman

Cadet
Hello everyone,

I'm brand new here and I have a very amature question. How do I use the aerated livewell in my new Lund Fury?
IE: Do I fill it manually and then unscrew the tube in it to drain it? Its not clear in my manual and I've never used one.

Thanks
Jeff

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: Livewell - Lund 1600 Fury

You should have a button or switch that turns the pump on located somewhere in your boat. When you flip this switch your pump should run and fill the livewell to the overflow tube.

Post some pics of your boat and livewell so we can see what you have and help you better.

NF Sportsman

Cadet

Here it is. Yes, I have a switch in th back. The tube running into the top of the livewell has a screw-in puug in it. Perhaps I need to remove the plug and run the pump?

2012_lund_Livewell.jpg

You should have a button or switch that turns the pump on located somewhere in your boat. When you flip this switch your pump should run and fill the livewell to the overflow tube.

Post some pics of your boat and livewell so we can see what you have and help you better.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Yup, keep experimenting with it until you get it working the way you want.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

That plug is adjusts the amount of aeration gonig on and lets water into the tank. Where is the DRAIN? If you keep pumping water into the tank it will overflow. Is the drain in the bottom or is there an overflow drain at the top of the tank? If the drain is in the bottom of the tank, then you should have a stand-pipe that fits in that hole and when the water reaches the top of the stand pipe it runs intot the pipe and out. If you don't know what a stand pipe is, lift the lid on your toilet. That overflow pipe is a stand-pipe.

NF Sportsman

Cadet

That plug is adjusts the amount of aeration gonig on and lets water into the tank. Where is the DRAIN? If you keep pumping water into the tank it will overflow. Is the drain in the bottom or is there an overflow drain at the top of the tank? If the drain is in the bottom of the tank, then you should have a stand-pipe that fits in that hole and when the water reaches the top of the stand pipe it runs intot the pipe and out. If you don't know what a stand pipe is, lift the lid on your toilet. That overflow pipe is a stand-pipe.

It has the stand pipe. Thank you for your help. I'll test it out this weekend.

Jeff
www.jeffhutchings.ca

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class

That is the same setup I have in my Alaskan. Here's a quick tip for ya. Get a piece of PVC the same diameter as the stand pipe. Add a "T" piece at the top and use plastic screen over the open part of the "T" that goes off one side. cut to length so it fits tight. You should be able to wedge it under the edge of the livewell opening. Scuff up one end with sandpaper so it fits snug in the drain hole.

This will stay put and not get knocked out when (if) you put larger fish in it. I have had Walleye and Pike knock the stand out and then the livewell drains, killing the fish, usually discovered after an 11mile, 45 minute run.