Norm's Small Engine Repair

rjb75

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone ever buy anything from this guy?

Norm's Small Engine Repair

Has has some things I'm interested in but I'd like to see if others have made successful purchases from him first.

Thanks

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Norm's Small Engine Repair

I would not. He is just a re-seller with no affiliation except being a small guy. I would shop iboats for parts.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Kinda funny an outboard store has a picture of snow in the back ground, concur with Bob, if you buy from iboats you have them to stand behind the parts and you know if there is a problem someone will fix it, the prices are great and the service is second to none.

rjb75

Seaman Apprentice

I agree with both of your assessments but I'm not looking there for parts I'm looking at the OEM manuals. They are hard to find, expensive and unfortunately iboats doesn't have the ones I'm interested in. That's why I asked my original question since this guy has them used which I'm ok with and cheap.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Oh then go for it.

I was lucky and got my manual from a dealer since many dealers do not work on the older motors.

A good manual is going to run almost $100 but, the return on what you can save by doing your own work is worth it and it pays for itself

rjb75

Seaman Apprentice

This place has the one I need listed at less than $50, the few other online stores that have it sell it for $85. Hence my interest.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

For that poke around on Ebay, they always have them cheap.

rjb75

Seaman Apprentice

My experience buying from here, at least for a factory manual, was great. The one I needed was going for $85 everywhere, including ebay, before shipping. I bought mine "used" (I use the quotes because I doubt this book was ever opened-should have called it new!) for $53 and change shipped. Only downside was that this person lives in Canada and I had to wait until he traveled to the states to ship, which took two weeks or so. I could have gotten it quicker but it would have cost another $15-20 to ship and at that point, I would have bought one new somewhere in the US.

Final word-if you're not in a rush, a great place to buy from. And no, I am not affiliated in any way with him, just happened to want a factory manual cheap.