135hp Mariner problem

Freedom Seeker

Recruit
Good Morning,
I have a 1995 135hp 2 stoke Mariner, Last time out all was good at 4000 rmp then engine died and oil alarm sounded. we stopped and removed cowling, check oil in resivour thank which was fill and overflowing, started engine it ran rough and would not run at idle, oil alarm was beeping. eventually gotengine running at about 1500-2000 rmp out of gear, we check oil discharge from oil pump via the clear pastic tube where it T's into the fuel line, there was a head of oil sitting on the fuel and a consaint drip of oil from the oil pump. To be safe I pre mixed fuel in main tank to get home. So in the knowing that engine would not be damaged with the pre mix I got it into gear and back underway but running rough and alarm beeping at about 2500 rmp. Tried increasing revs a couple of times and the oil alarm stopped then at about 3500-4000 rmp the engine picked up and ran like nothing was wrong. I slowly deceased revs and at about 3800-3900 rmp the engine revs dropped off suddenly, the oil alarm starting beeping and engine ran roughly again, at this stage the oil alarm became more intermittent at varying revs below 3800-3900 revs and still running rough. So in the end to get home ran it above 4000 rmp to get home, at this speed it ran sweet as if nothing was wrong. Same happened when backing of the revs to approach the boat ramp. At home whist running engine in test tank I disconnected the oil alarm module from engine, ( purple, tan/lt blue, blk/ylw wires) No alarm but engine still running rough.

Any ideas?