motor mount question

bentstick

Cadet
I have a 1980 25hp Evinrude (Mdl E25RCSA) which I have completely broken down and am in the process of repainting. This motor has had five different paint jobs on it, with some areas the paint looking like cake layers it was so thick. I am removing (and cleaning the previous coats of paint from) or masking off all of the rubber bushings.

Well I ran into a problem yesterday when I attempted to remove the bushing from the steering bracket. It has threaded studs on either end and it ties the steering bracket to the leg of the motor. In case anyone is interested, the part number is 304800. Well, one of the studs snapped right off!

I thought, well no big deal if that is the only part that has broken during this project, I'll just order a replacement. However, it appears this part is no longer available.

So my question is, can I just put an SS bolt in its place with rubber bushings on it? I know it won't have that ability to flex like the original but would I risk causing any other damage?

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander
Re: motor mount question

Try calling SeaWay Marine or go to their website to see if they have the mount you need. They are a supplier of older OMC parts and will probbly have what you need. Good people to deal with as I have bought several parts for older motors that are listed as NLA from them. You can also try Crowley Marine.
Oldman570

bentstick

Cadet

Thanks for the info. I called them, they did have the part and its on its way now.
- Steve

tvolpe

Recruit

I have a 1980 25hp Evinrude (Mdl E25RCSA) which I have completely broken down and am in the process of repainting. This motor has had five different paint jobs on it, with some areas the paint looking like cake layers it was so thick. I am removing (and cleaning the previous coats of paint from) or masking off all of the rubber bushings.

Well I ran into a problem yesterday when I attempted to remove the bushing from the steering bracket. It has threaded studs on either end and it ties the steering bracket to the leg of the motor. In case anyone is interested, the part number is 304800. Well, one of the studs snapped right off!

I thought, well no big deal if that is the only part that has broken during this project, I'll just order a replacement. However, it appears this part is no longer available.

So my question is, can I just put an SS bolt in its place with rubber bushings on it? I know it won't have that ability to flex like the original but would I risk causing any other damage?
i need this part you mentioned for my boat a upper motor mount part # 304800 if selling please call 609 225 2437 or text asap . as it is being fixed currently without this part and the part like you stated is unavailable .... its tom