my throttle is binding. Please Help.

Atom 200

Cadet
Hello guys. I just purchased my first boat and I'm having issues. My throttle is binding at my control. I'm sure everyone is thinking (like I was) its my cable unfortunately that is not the case. I have removed the cable only to find out it is as smooth as silk. However when i reinstall it only has about 3/4 of an inch of travel until the cable flexes hard right as it exits the control housing. inside the control there is a cam which guides the throttle lever. it fills like it gets bound in the guide but not sure. Any Advice would really help. Thanks in advance.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: my throttle is binding. Please Help.

With the cable hooked back up to the control, disconnect it from the motor. Have a helper try to prevent the cable from moving while you move the control. If you can feel resistance, the cable is bad. They wear a groove inside and the inner cable binds on it.

Atom 200

Cadet
Re: my throttle is binding. Please Help.

Even though the cable moves freely by hand is it possible that it is ceased only when connected? this only happened after i took the control housing apart to clean and lube.