Fuel (gasoline) Additives Compatibility

mrmamiller

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am wondering about the compatibility of Gas-Shok, ValvTect Carbon Free and Sta-Bil (marine) all in the same batch of gasoline. I wanted Gas-Shok for the ability to clean up nasty fuel that I will get at the dock in Canada during a fishing trip. I also wanted Carbon Free in order to clean the carbon and prevent sticky rings. Sta-Bil may be existing as a stabilizer when portable gas cans may be used at times for re-fueling. Motor is 1986 Johnson 110HP, gas tank is 23 gallon aluminum (under floor).

Wonder if they all play well together. Thanks for any info.

MRneatfreak

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Fuel (gasoline) Additives Compatibility

Wouldn't matter with Valvetech and sta-bil. But never heard of Gas-shok? I would think if you compensated just a little bit more of 2 stroke oil to gas ratio you would be fine.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

I consider them all to be snake oil and would skip the lot of them. But that is just me, sorry.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Gas Shok works very well as a stabalizer. Sta Bil works most of the time. Any of the carbon guard additives work OK but if the motor is set up properly you won't need them. The fuel manufacturers tell us to only add 1 additive. They generally know how 1 will react with fuel but they can't or won't say what happens when 2 or more additives are added. That being said we know lots of customers who do use 2 or more. Personally I don't use more than 1.