5.7 Gi volvo floods upon restart

snyyyper

Cadet
This is a throttle body injected 350....when I kill the motor and restart it, it floods and smokes for about a minute, then clears up and runs fine until I kill it again. Could one of the injectors in the throttle body be leaking down and causing this? Also, engine cuts out at WOT when RPMs reach about 4000.<br /><br />thanks,<br />Scott

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: 5.7 Gi volvo floods upon restart

It could be that sure.<br />My father had a 1999 350MAG MPI that flooded at start up. His was eventually traced to a bad temperature sensor. It was telling the ECM that the motor was 300 degrees, and that caused the ECM to try to "cool" the engine with extra raw fuel in the cylinders.<br /><br />The cutout at WOT almost sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Maybe the fuel pump is bad? When they go bad, they would alos dumpo extra fuel to the throttle body. Right gurus? Don S, rodbolt, bondo?

newport dave

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 5.7 Gi volvo floods upon restart

The nice thing about TBI systems is you can see the injectors fire and/or leak by pulling the flame arrestor and looking at them. Shut it down , pull the flame arrestor and take a look.<br /><br />The cutout may or may not be related to the flooding. Have you checked for trouble codes?<br /><br />Dave