2000 Evenrude 90hp Fuel asembly - primer valve? question

seankman

Recruit
I have a 2000 90 Evenrude outboard. There is a valve in one of the fuel lines in the asmembly. It is a solid one piece t with a screw valve. fuel is squirting out under high pressure. I assume it is some kind of primer valve? I have had a hard time idnentifying this part. Can I buy just that t valve or do I have to buy a whole new asembely? Im not sure what it is for. Thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2000 Evenrude 90hp Fuel asembly - primer valve? question

First off you should have posted a model # so we would have known it was a Ficht. I looked at the parts diagram and all it shows is the cap for it. Is the cap leaking as you can buy that ? Other than that you may have to buy the whole fuel rail as they show no other parts for the cap area. To check fuel pressure in the rail that is where you attach a gauge.

seankman

Recruit

Sorry, its model E90FPLSIF and it is a Fitch. Actually the motor is a 2001. I think the hose leads to the fuel vaporizer. I am just going to visit the local dealer and see what I need. I just hoping I dont need to buy the whole new fuel line set up. Thanks! Just visited the dealer and they said I have to buy a whole new fuel assembly, which is $260. A mecanic there said the valve is not important except for maintenance and that I could put a hose connecter in its place and be fine. Does that sound about right?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Try it and see what happens. You're dealing with fuel, so make sure it doesn't leak.