Pre-Summer Boat Fix up

MikeBychowsky

Recruit
I am in the middle of doing a THOROUGH refurb of my boat while it is out on the trailer in my driveway before spring launch. Trying to cover every last detail and minor repair before I launch it for the summer.
My boat is a 2004 Starcraft Aurora 2210 Volvo Penta 5.0 GXi 270HP.
I have always had the marina take it in and out each season, so never had a chance to do this before.

So far I am:

1) Removing every last freakin' Zebra mussel I can get - becoming an obsession
2) Clean and re-waterproof canvas
3) Install the Nauticus Trim Tabs (waiting for them to be delivered)
4) Full summerize (Change lower unit oil, oil change, oil filter, all fluids, etc).
5) Scrub ski locker of gunk and try to lower bilge level (like to get more use of it, instead of a stagnant water pool)
6) Power wash and wax hull
7) Pull out all carpet, clean and apply PlastiDip on the backing to keep the black dust from crumbling.
8) Tighten ever screw I can find
9) Mildew inhibitor and clean all hatches of gunk.

So ... a couple questions on new project ideas while I am knocking this stuff all out.

1) Has anyone put a weatherstripping around the cockpit console ? There are some gaps there, where water could leak in. Is it worth it ?
2) For the Ski Storage locker ... has anyone seen any sort of organization type system to help store stuff in there easier, and maybe even raise it some to keep out of the water ?
3) Any other ideas on upgrades or fix up stuff I should be planning for ? I want the boat to go in as "Good as New" as possible.

Thanks everyone