Checking with Experts New Boat Wiring

farvafire

Cadet
I just ordered a Sea Ark 1660, I was not impressed with the way the wiring was installed at the factory so I opted to do it myself. Mainly because of the plastic housing in the front of the boat that housed the wiring components and price. I have researched on the forum, and I want to keep the boat as simple as possible. My main use will be hunting, but I will use it for fishing in the summer, the only gauge included with the boat is the tach. My questions regard wire size, fuses, and circuit breaker. I don’t know how to figure out what size fuses to use for the components. Specifically the main fuse for the electrical, then the individual component fuses, and circuit breaker size for trolling motor (minn kota PDV2 55), what gauge of wire is appropriate? All my wiring will be run in nylon woven loom in the gunnels and exposed wire will be regular loom. I have included a picture of the diagram and parts I intend to use. A little help would be appreciated, or a point to the right resource.

In the future I will add another battery for the TM. I plan to run the wires to the front for a fish finder as well. I would also like to be able to pull the TM off during hunting season and put running lights instead, should I use a relay type system for this function? Lastly, in diagram of the three way switch with a diode for running lights, do I need to soldier the diode in or is it a special switch?

A diagram is included.

Attachments

• Boat wiring Diagram.jpg
    Boat wiring Diagram.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 0