Bravo 1 shaft size

johnhenry3

Cadet
I've looked in my manual, and searched here, and cannot find the thread size for a 2000 Bravo 1 shaft (where the prop fastens). I want to lock it, and found a 3/4" lock, but I measured it at 5/8". Anyone know the size, or a link I could reference? Thanks, John

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Bravo 1 shaft size

Hit your local Merc dealer, prop locks and prop nuts are something they all stock. Even marine stores that aren't Merc dealers carry them.

Bondo

Staff member

I've looked in my manual, and searched here, and cannot find the thread size for a 2000 Bravo 1 shaft (where the prop fastens). I want to lock it, and found a 3/4" lock, but I measured it at 5/8". Anyone know the size, or a link I could reference? Thanks, John

Ayuh,... It's a 3/4" fine thread....

johnhenry3

Cadet

I was trying to buy the lock w/o bring the boat to a dealer (it is not yet licensed...not even the trailer). Does 5/8" sound correct (that's what I measured). I guess I could buy it, and if it doesn't fit, exchange it.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

They have been 3/4-16 since the first Bravo I was built.

I thought you were talking about the tab locks to keep the nut from turning :facepalm:

Bondo

Staff member

No variations on that for a Bravo 1 Bond-o?

Ayuh,... That's the prop nut size for Merc's, from the mid-sized case outboards on up through to the Bravo Is...

BII's, 'n III's of course are bigger...