How big of a zoidiac for a 2452

ODA

Recruit
Wondered how big of a zodiac people tie to the hardtop of their Bayliner 2452?? I would imagine an 8 footer is fine, but can it handle a 10 footer??

Thanks in advance!!

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: How big of a zoidiac for a 2452

What year Bayliner? How old is the hardtop? Is it a factory piece or an add-on? What is it's condition?

More than likely your hardtop has a sticker on it that says "Not to be used for stowage". If it doesn't, I would contact Bayliner to see what their recommended load limit is.

Aside from that, will the tender have an inflatable keel? A solid floor? A rigid keel? An engine? What's the projected total weight?

dan t.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

First of all welcome aboard,what year is your 2452? The 92 - 2000 style will fit an 8ft 6 Quicksilver 270 for sure, I have been packing one around for 8 years. 10 ft, perhaps but you will have lots of overhang. One other option is a support frame over the cockpit, I have seen a couple done that way. Any other questions? I will be happy to help, I have had a 92 model for 8 years and have done numerous upgrades and some custom work.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

If you don't have a crane on board, buy any sib that has an air mat floor, weights much less to a comparable same size wooden or alum one, faster for assembling/disassembling purposes including throwing it overboard. If space is available, better go with a 310/320 instead of a 270. It's more fun and roomy. Don't forget the high pressure 12/14 PSI electic pump....

Happy Boating

ODA

Recruit

Thanks for the reply's guys. I'm looking at a 1997 2452 with the factory hardtop. I was hoping for a 10 footer, but from what dan t. said I think a 9 footer I've been looking at should work. I would defiantly get an inflatable keel/floor to save on weight. It has a custom steel swim platform for storage so I should be able to just put the kicker on the platform.