1960 something Kingfisher boat??? HELP

nsmith74

Cadet
I have a 1960 something model Kingfisher boat, I have a hull ID number and stuff that I will post this evening when I get home, for now I will say its a two seater, outboard that has to be ran by tiller handle and has two seats and a live well...it is light blue in color and I do know that it was built in Texas...Like I said I will have more information later today, but if any of you guys out there know any more info about this company or this boat, please post!

I got the boat, trailer and a 1972 Mercury 9.8hp thunderbolt engine for $450...

The motor runs but I had to put a new carb kit in it, new spark plugs and I've got an ignition coil ordered, after I get the coil on it should run like a top

There was some cracking in the floor at the front of the boat and I fixed it with some fiberglass epoxy and hardener and there is no longer a soft spot or any cracking

The transom was a little weak and dry rotted so I took all of the wood out and put in new fiber glass sheeting and epoxy and then new marine grade ply wood and the transom is now very solid (this is probably the one thing on the boat I've done that I am most proud of thus far)

I'm thinking of either buying some Herculiner or some outdoor carpeting to redo the floors soon and then painting the boat... feel free to post your opinion of the carpets or bedliner for the floors I'm really looking for advice there since it's basically like a jon boat and I purely use it for fishing I'm trying to understand which would be better for me (I'm thinking bed liner for now?)

Also, color choices its light blue now, I'd like to paint it either a shiny blue or olive drab? opinions on that are welcome as well

And one last thing, I'm 22 and a recent college graduate completing an internship at a near by lake until the Fall so expensive fixes are completely out of my range, Its also a very old, used and cheap boat so I don't mind if the paint I purchase isn't marine grade, all the structural things I buy and do right no matter the time or expense so it's safe...all the cosmetic things I am just looking to make it look good for the boating season if I have to do touch ups in the spring next year I'm cool with it.

So I guess this is the start of my halfwaykinda restore... Pics and more info later guys

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1960 something Kingfisher boat??? HELP

welcome to iboats....

post away !

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

The Last link in my signature has some good info on painting your boat "On the CHEAP"

nsmith74

Cadet

Thanks for the link woodonglass, there's some REALLY helpful stuff there

After some searching I'm 95% sure my boat is actually a 1976 Kingfisher model...

If this information helps any of you guys the Hull ID # is KNG 00381M76D