89 OMC 460 running well, but want to downsize

pirate11

Cadet
I have an 89 Four Winns 265 Lib with an OMC 460. Everything is working well, motor is bored out and about 380 hp. I know all about the OMC saga of parts, exhausts, outdrives etc. I know this sounds crazy, but I want to trade for a pontoon (getting older). Anyone have a clue how to make this happen? I have had this boat since '91. I don't have time to part it out, and that would be a shame, as the boat still cuts through the water like a hot knife through butter. My wife can't load coolers like the old days.:cool:

Kainon

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 89 OMC 460 running well, but want to downsize

list it for sale, maybe get it marine surveyed for a professional opinion to help maintain the value.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: 89 OMC 460 running well, but want to downsize

I have an 89 Four Winns 265 Lib with an OMC 460. Everything is working well, motor is bored out and about 380 hp. I know all about the OMC saga of parts, exhausts, outdrives etc. I know this sounds crazy, but I want to trade for a pontoon (getting older). Anyone have a clue how to make this happen? I have had this boat since '91. I don't have time to part it out, and that would be a shame, as the boat still cuts through the water like a hot knife through butter. My wife can't load coolers like the old days.:cool:

Howdy,

You have 2 460's right? :eek::eek:

I'd LOVE to have a 265 Liberator!.........not with the 460's though!!

I removed and parted out the 460/King Cobra I had in my 211 Liberator a few years ago and replaced it with a Mercruiser 454/Bravo.

It was a fun project and I got about $3500 for the engine, drive and all the fix'ns! It partially paid (70%) for the replacement engine and drive!

You should probably sell yours if you do not want to part it out. (that would be a shame!):(:(

I don't envy your fuel flow and I don't suppose that helps the resale value of a 265.

Unless you can find someone locally to just trade with you, you're sort of stuck with just selling it outright.....

Regards,

Rick