1996 evinrude intruder 175hp motor trouble

jah1225

Recruit
Hey guys, I recently acquired my first boat not too long ago. I bought it used for a very low price and then had about $1500 worth of work put into it. I have only taken it out on the water a few times however recently some things have occurred that are bothering me. I know very little about outboard motors and I'm just looking for some direction

Problem 1) The fuel line keeps losing pressure. The boat would start up fine the first time and I would make it to my first hole no problem but after sitting a few hours it was very difficult to start back up, it would start and then die within a few seconds or die immediately when put in gear. I went back and checked the bulb and realized that it was getting soft, so I had my brother go back and continuously prime the bulb why I started it and it started right up without dying.

Problem 2) I've noticed while at idle, the water from the pisser will be steady and constant but it will sneeze every 5 seconds or so. Also, while starting it in the yard i noticed that it takes up to 10 or so seconds before the motor begins pissing.

Problem 3) The past few days I've been firing the boat up in the yard and looking at the motor to see if I can figure anything out. Yesterday, it started right up on the second try but the low oil light came on and there was a continuous beep that lasted like 10 seconds or more right when the motor fired up. I thought that a continuous beep meant that the motor was overheating but how could it already be overheating if I had just started it? Also I checked the oil and there was about 1/4 of a tank left.

Where should I start? is there anyway that these problems might be connected? any help would be greatly appreciated