omc outdrive

moons711

Cadet
just to remind all you people out thee that own omc outdrives do not take out any screws on the port side of the outdrive to change lower unit oil.......there are2 screws on the starbord side of the outdrive plus one on top the middle one is where you put your oil in. if you take off the big screw on the port side a plate on the inside will fall down into the unit. it could cost some bucks to drop the unit and have it fixed.

moons

cr2k

Captain
Re: omc outdrive

Never take out any screws that are or were covered by a decal or are phillips from any outdrive.

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer

One better, dont touch your outdrive without a manual in your hand. Unless you know exactly what your doing.

paulgilford

Cadet

2012-06-04 16.23.57.jpg
Can someone tell me if this hole should have a plug in it?? it's on the front of the drive about half way up from the foot the threads look like it has been a long time since any thing has been it it. I have a manual but I can't find any thing about it.

southkogs

Staff member

View attachment 150391
Can someone tell me if this hole should have a plug in it?? it's on the front of the drive about half way up from the foot the threads look like it has been a long time since any thing has been it it. I have a manual but I can't find any thing about it.

Hi Paul & welcome aboard - best to start a new thread instead of asking a question in someone else's old thread. You get more and better answers that way.

I think you're drive is a Stringer and the hole you're showing is where you lube the swivel (should be grease zerks inside). If so, there is a little plastic cover that goes in there (screws in has a hex head and slot for a flat bladed screwdriver). If you want to start another thread and put up another picture or confirm that's a Stringer, I'll try to find an illustration of the piece you need (probably and ebay or CL search).