Hurricane FunDeck 226 Ladder

I recently bought my first boat, a 2003 Hurricane Fun Deck 226 FF. The ladder, mounted on the starboard side of the boat next to the outboard motor is broken at the hinge (I figure the ladder was left down and got ripped off). I do not have the bottom half of the ladder. The ladder does not have any identifiable marks except the safety sticker with the code "CD034" in the bottom right corner. Below are some pictures:

1. What's left of the ladder.
Back Ladder.jpg

2. Connections for the bottom half of the ladder.
Ladder Attachment.jpg
Ladder Connections.jpg

3. Extra piece I found on the boat.
Extra Piece.jpg

The dimensions of the ladder are 11" center-to-center on the poles where the rungs are. It is approximately 28" tall from where the ladder attaches on the "skirting rail?" to where it attaches to the hull.

I am looking for the least expensive fix but am not opposed to just buying a new ladder if I can find one that fits. Any suggestions are welcome, including specific places to buy the parts! I bought a removable ladder to attach to the side, but it was for a pontoon and the legs that swing out to give support against the pontoons were to short and put the ladder at a bad angle against the hull. I could modify that ladder, but would rather not have to rig up a $150 ladder that involves putting holes in the deck floor if at all possible.

cjjjdeck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hurricane FunDeck 226 Ladder

The pivot hardware resembles the Detmar Corporation design. They may have OEM'd the ladder product used on your boat originally. You may want to contact them to confirm and see if they'll provide or will tell you how to get parts (if that indeed is what you have). Here's a link that might be helpful:

http://www.detmarcorp.com/ladderhinges.htm

Good luck!

The pivot hardware resembles the Detmar Corporation design. They may have OEM'd the ladder product used on your boat originally. You may want to contact them to confirm and see if they'll provide or will tell you how to get parts (if that indeed is what you have). Here's a link that might be helpful:

Good luck!

Great, I'll give them a call...thanks!

elizabethlee

Recruit

Good luck!

The same thing happened to my 22ft fundeck ladder....did you contact the Detmar Corporation and if so, were they able to help you? Please let me know if this worked for you as we need to get our ladder fixed asap.

cjjjdeck

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The same thing happened to my 22ft fundeck ladder....did you contact the Detmar Corporation and if so, were they able to help you? Please let me know if this worked for you as we need to get our ladder fixed asap.

Hi Elizabethlee

Not sure how slicknick made out, but I have an update on Detmar.

The link above is no longer active, they must have pulled this page sometime after my post, but Detmar's site can still be accessed by www.detmarcorp.com.

It seems they may no longer make folding ladder products like this design under discussion, I could find only small swim platforms used typically with outboard based boats. I'm not sure what help they'll actually be on discontinued product. They don't offer a phone number on their site but I found it: (313) 831-1155. They do allow you to contact them through e-mail on the site if you prefer.

Hope they can still help!

I contacted Detmar and they no longer made the ladder I had, however, I was able to find a side ladder at my local shop with the same rung width and connections as the one on my transom ladder. Had to remove my ladder and drill out some rivets and re-assemble the ladder with th ebottom section of the side ladder and it works great now.

cjjjdeck

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was afraid that might happen after I re-visited Detmar's site and saw the ladder product missing from their lineup.

But it also sounds like you got pretty lucky on a "not too crazy" solution to the problem!

Did you get the name of the manufacturer of the side ladder? It seems like there have been quite a number of visitors that have an interest to this thread. Some (just like elizabethlee) may be experiencing a similar problem and sharing that info may help them too.

Thanks for updating us and congratulations on the fix!