Fuel Supply for 5.7GS PBYC

C17fly

Cadet
I'm getting ready to start this engine for the first time in about 5 years, my "new" 1998 Glastron GS249 with VP 5.7GS PBYC. I was wanting to check the fuel supply and am a little baffled (like the fuel tank I suppose). I removed the fuel line at the filter/pump assembly. I blew into the line (upstream side) with a air hose and it didn't blow through easily at all. I expected to either hear bubbles indicating there was fuel or water in the tank or else just a rush of air indication the tank was empty. It seemed to be completely blocked somewhere. I thought that maybe the fuel cap sealed better than I would have thought so I opened the cap and tried again -- same result.

Is there something about boat tanks that I don't know about or is something completely plugged? The tank smells OK, maybe a little like alcohol (ethanol) but not like varnish. I can see where the filler pipe and the fuel line go through the bulkhead on the forward wall of the bilge area but can't find anywhere that there might be any access cover or anything, even for a fuel level sending unit. Immediately forward of the engine room is a 2-person sleeping berth so if the tank is that far aft it would have to under that. I checked around there but I'd have to remove the wall and floor carpet to see anything I guess. Is that where it's likely to be? I'll have a hard time getting this ole engine going without fuel!

If this would be better posted in another forum please feel free to move it or let me know and I'll copy and re-post. Thanks for any tips anyone can provide.