What did you pay ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastallife

Recruit
I have a friend who is starting up a marine canvas / enclosure business. I offered to try to gather some information on quotes/pricing to help him out in getting started. I'm not interested in the 'one size fits all' type packages out there. For those of you who have spent the extra $$$ for top quality custom marine canvas/enclosures, I would be interested in the type of work performed and what you paid or were quoted.

Thanks

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
Re: What did you pay ?????

Coastallife,

Welcome to iBoats...Lots of resources here.

As far as your inquiry goes, I think that's way to broad a question, as there are many, many variables that come into play when making custom high end covers!
Size of Vessel?
Layout?
Amenities (zippers, doors, windows, etc...)?
Material?
Regional (what's expensive here may be cheap in Florida?)?
Workload?

Some may come in and give you the lowdown on their particular layout (heck, maybe a lot will?) IMHO, I think it might be useless info too pass along for the reasons I stated above!

Anyway, good luck to your friend and his/her endeavor...

~Brett

I say

choppywaters

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was looking at a new bimini top and locally....950 bucks! No thanks. Ive seen them as low as 169.00 for a basic top with 600 denier fabric. The one I will probably order is 289.00 comes with 5yr warranty and includes free sock and rear support poles.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

As bajaunderground stated, way too little information given. Locale is key, followed by the list of other considerations he provided. I live on Long Island- labor here is as expensive as it gets.

A 24' express cruiser mooring cover (sharkskin) cost me $600 2 years ago. A friend's 26' express cover (Sunbrella) ran him $900 last year. I'm having a new bimini made this year. It'll be Sunbrella, and I need it fitted to the existing 'camper enclosure.' That's a lot of labor and I expect to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $3K for it. I also need a new mooring cover, and since my boat has more beam than the 2 I mentioned, it'll likely run me a grand.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Well.......... use your phone book and call around.

It can be very personal and collecting the information here even violates the rules.

If your friend or whoever is starting a business I would think that information is part of the business plan

I would strongly advise iboats member's NOT to answer this. Anyone who posts a question and then does not even hang around and thank people who have answered should not be extended the courtesy of answers.

Being a violation of Rule 6 I am going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.